Every once in awhile, in between my ramblings, I think I come up with a little bit of good advice and some reasonable guidance, and the occasional argument for or against something.
Here’s a few posts that you might actually find helpful or interesting.
- But I’m just not losing any weight – starting out and not seeing results? It’s probably just your sticky icing…
- Burn through my belly – a bit of advice on getting six-pack-abs
Motivation and Getting Started
- Working out when to work out – some advice on setting a schedule that works for you.
- How to talk yourself into a run – a tiny little bit of motivation
- Stop Arguing With Yourself – how to get out there when you really don’t want to
- People Think It’s Easy – if you must argue with yourself, here’s a guide for winning!
- The 10 Minute Rule – when you really don’t feel like doing your workout.
- Countdown to Fitness – reblog (wish it were my idea!)
- Fair Weather Runner – Dealing with SAD and getting out of bed in the morning to do your workout
- Wasting the Weekends – some advice on making the most of your weekends without undoing all your healthy habits
- How Hard Do You Push – how much do you hold back?
- Big & Little Goals – goals and visions
Pain, Injury, Plantar Fasciitis
- Got Sore Feet? – Read to the end of this post for a HEAP of advice on managing the pain of Plantar Fasciitis
- Here’s a little more on Plantar Fasciitis when I was first figuring out what was wrong with my feet, as well as a few thoughts on training schedules. (Sorry, it’s a long post.)
- Rubbed the Wrong Way – a bit of advice on chafing
Running, Shoes, Equipment, and Fitness Stuff
- Dumb Treadmill Functions – going to buy a treadmill? Maybe consider some of these functions before you buy?
- A few thoughts on running safety – how do you keep safe when you run?
- Sloshy Galoshes – a few thoughts on running shoe fit and construction
- Playing Tricks at the Gym – one of my tricks for getting more out of my treadmill runs
- Schedule a Nap – A Treadmill Pyramid Workout and a bit of advice on recovery
- Awesome Treadmill Workout – a progressive treadmill workout
- Run the Tangents – a little advice on running efficiency
- Where I like to Run– thoughts on different running places
- Trends for Fitness in 2012 – just a quick look at what’s hot and what’s not for 2012
- Treadmill Desk – I don’t know what the appeal is of this post, but it is hands-down my most popular post on this whole site. It must have some good advice or something in it 🙂
- If I had to do it again – ways in which I would change my training if I decided to do the Blackwood Marathon again. If you want to train for the Blackwood Marathon, this is probably a good starting point.
- Rogaining Gear – interested in the sport of Rogaine (map, compass, bush, go!)? This should help you get started.
Body Image and other ponderings
- Worth Considering – Thoughts on Body Image and Obesity
- Special K Challenge Get Lost – reblog. More Body Image thoughts.
- Gym Vanity – do hair and makeup matter at the gym or pool?
- The Gap – the space between what you think you can do and what you know you can do. And other gaps.
- Detangle a Dread Locked Tail – horse related post
- Fear of Riding – some links to advice on overcoming fear
- Fear of Riding Part 2 – applicable to most fear situations
Food, Nutrition, Hunger
- App Review: My Fitness Pal – a good little app!
- Smoothies – Friend or Foe? Just a fun little feel good ‘She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not’
- I Caved – a quick lesson in exercise-induced hunger
- Habit, Emotion, Opportunity – I’m rather proud of this post on non-hungry eating
- Fatigue – thoughts on energy levels and cycles
Work, Management, People
- 50 Things You’re Putting Off – reblog
- What to do at work before holidays – some time management advice
- The Two Hour Method – how to clean your house quickly and efficiently
- Lessons Learned – lots of little gems relating to work.
- Staying in Touch – something I am still working on
- Finding your calling – is it necessary?
- Teaching Employability – what is my job?
- More On Employees – advice I am getting/giving on leadership