Suddenly, the first month of the year is gone. What happened?! Have I been asleep under a rock somewhere?
January has been filled with planning (my work calendar has dates booked to November already!) and as much holidaying as we can squeeze out of summer.
It’s not like I’m not doing stuff, in fact, I’m doing heaps, just spending less time online 🙂 It’s a good thing.
So, just a quick touch-base:
- I’ve not met my weekly 2014 in 2014 targets most weeks, but I’m doing okay at 151km for January. I need to be closer to 170km each month, so more work to do. Walking to and from work and classes is going to make a big impact and I’m really looking forward to walking more. I like walking.
- I’m spending way less time online, trying to bring it down to 30 minutes in the morning and evening. It’s tough sometimes, but refreshing most of the time. Though Mat will make a point of mentioning that I did spend 3 hours online two nights in a row. I’m not perfect, but I’m working on it.
- Home renovations weren’t getting a lot of attention because we were away a lot in January, but there is news. Check out Rusty Red Roof if you’re interested in the latest, including our trip to the salvage yard of our salvation! 🙂
- I still need to work on pretty much everything else I had targeted for my 2014 goals. These included: focus, mindful eating (way harder than it sounds!), do more for myself, frugal and sustainable living, birthdays and holidays, photography, and partnership. But I can’t do everything all at once without becoming frustrated and giving up, so I’m picking priorities and the things I know I can do and starting there.
Stand out moments in January:
- Australia Day Long Weekend – the anniversary party, the birthday girl, and the wonderful weekend!
- Getting the garden started – though not much to show yet!
- Learning – I’ve had major lessons in dung beetles and wetlands this month, and they are cool! I like learning. I wonder if I can get a job as a student…
- More check marks than not on my to do list
- Colourful pens – these have made my day so much more fun. It’s the little things, right? 😉
- The Woolarama meeting – meetings are usually kind of boring, but this one was a gooder.
- Catching up with family and friends over the holidays – this time of year always reminds me of how much I actually like people! Is that stupid? Why on earth do I need to be reminded of this?
Looking forward to in February:
- A workshop that I am running with E (more like she is running it and I am going to do what I can to learn from her)
- A Rogaine – that I will hopefully come through injury-free!
- The last and final dental appointment to finish this terrible root canal saga!
- Planning for my birthday party
- Taking Mat out for his birthday
- And I want to run 5 whole kilometres without stopping by 28th February! 🙂
- The deck getting finished, the water main lines getting fixed, and the shed approvals going through! Fingers crossed! 🙂
Wow! That’s a lot!
I know, it’s been ages!
So, how’ve you been? 🙂