- My family (of course)
- long days in the summer! I love that there is sunshine (particularly up north) until 10 at night. It’s a wonderful thing.
- wearing t-shirt, shorts and bare feet in the house, all the time any time of the year!
- Tim Hortons. I know they’re owned by Americans, and that sucks, but I love that it’s fast simple food, and if you don’t have a donut, you don’t feel like you’re eating nothing but junk. 🙂
- dual lane divided highways. They really need more of these in Australia.
- green grass and trees and water. Winter might suck here, but summer is glorious.
- Christmas. Although I hate snow and cold, and that’s why I moved to Australia, the truth is, it’s just not Christmas without the winter, the snow, the cold, and the tradition of Christmas at the family farm.
Once upon a time there were many food things I missed, and ‘ways’ that Canadians did things that I thought Aussies did wrong, but now, it’s these few things that are really special to me.
I must run, we’re off to more visiting, food and fun! 🙂