It’s only Wednesday, but it’s been a massive week.
I had a great day on Tuesday: after work I ran, Vive’d and Konga’d. (Will put up stats – but probably not till tomorrow.)
But for some reason, Tuesday appeared to be designed to teach me a lesson or two, and some I might still be paying for today. Here’s some of the things Tuesday taught me, that I really need to remember:
- You are no longer as young or as fit as you think you are
- Do not plan a run down unknown bush track so close to the time you have to leave for your next apt that you stress about getting back on time because you’ve gone too far. You need more time to explore.
- No, you can’t dance, there is nothing sexy about that move, and yeah, you do look silly.
- Keep dancing anyway.
- Drink more water.
- When tracking multiple workouts in one day, be sure to reset between each activity, rather than leaving it on as one long activity, or the Garmin thinks you’re still on a run and makes weird stuff up, and it totally screws with your running stats.
- Sugar is bad for you. You know this. Stop having random sugar binges, especially when you’ve been SO GOOD for so long! You know you’ll end up paying for it later.
- You probably feel like complete rat-shit on Wednesday because you ate 5 Caramel Santas in one hit on Tuesday and now your body is trying to kill you for doing that.
- Stop doing that!
- When you don’t feel right, just admit it and get the rest you need. Everyone will be better off for it.