1) I discovered that nuts really aren’t great for me, despite my love for them. And oh how I love them!! They have become my “only very occasionally treat” now.
2) I can live quite healthily without carbs. Carbs are tasty and easy and a cheat, but fruit, veg and protein are awesome and really all I need to feel good.
3) I apparently can’t live without bananas 😛
4) A little bit of preparation goes a long way to make sure you snack on fruit and veg and not reach for a muesli bar or slice of toast. I just spent a few minutes every couple of days rinsing and chopping vegetables into nice slices or snack bites and both Mat and I went for those instead of our usual ‘easy’ alternatives.
5) Lettuce is boring. I have been making myself salads for lunch and mostly eat all the other goodies out of the salad and leave most of the lettuce. Less lettuce, more everything else. 🙂
6) I get really hungry around 10am and 3pm. REALLY REALLY REALLY hungry.
7) It is far too easy for me to over-eat carbs. I don’t think they’re really ‘bad’ or upset my stomach in any way, but I seem to have about double what I should. They just taste SO good. For that reason, I need to find a way to manage my carb intake, because it is not doubt responsible for my ‘protective layer of body fat’ 🙂
8) Quiet weekends at home continue to be my undoing. “Let’s bake a banana cake” “Let’s barbecue all these potatoes” “Let’s have fish and chips” and so on. When I have time, I eat. When I am busy, I eat far less.
9) Dairy isn’t actually all that good for me. I am going to miss ice cream.
10) I need to continue to focus on making good choices and developing new habits around food. Prepping veggies and fruit for snacks and building healthy meals is something I can do, but tend not to, so will need to keep paying attention until the new habit is formed.