So I have been at a few of my challenges for awhile now, and I just wanted to update you on how I’ve been going.
A Week Without Wheels
Totally impossible. Can’t be done. Epic Fail.
My sister set this challenge and pushed me with the comment “I bet you can’t do it!” “Of course I can,”
Fact is, I just can’t. It just isn’t practical to do it every day. The distance isn’t the factor, time and logistics are.
Here’s how I fared at this challenge:
- Thursday 3rd – walk (1)
- Friday 4th – walk (2)
- Saturday 5th – biked to and from work (3)
- Sunday 6th – biked to and from pool, took the long way home (4)
- Monday 7th – drive, rain, errands, Aqua, Balance – so many splits
- Tuesday 8th – drive, I think
- Wednesday 9th – walked to and from work, but drove to and from Balance because Mat was working late and could not pick me up (5?)
- Thursday 10th – walk (6)
- Friday 11th – drive, Aqua
- Saturday 12th – big walk with Ella (6-8km), but I admit I drove to the meeting (7?)
- Sunday 13th – rode bike to and from pool, then ended up in car doing errands (8?)
- Monday 14th – drive, rain, plus Aqua (in the rain I might add), plus extra shifts due to sick staff
- Tuesday 15th- drove, I was doing splits due to sick staff, plus errands
- Wednesday 16th – walk (9)
And that’s about when I decided to give up trying to get seven consecutive days of walking.
I like walking. I like that MD is getting a little fitter, and a little fast each time, but it’s just so impractical with the kind of work I do.
If I was a 9-5er, maybe.
If I had a dog fence and didn’t need to to walk MD to his sitters, maybe.
If MD could keep up with me on the bike, so I had it for zipping around town, maybe.
But at this point none of those things fit.
So, I will walk when I can, and not feel guilty about it when I can’t.
This is still tough, but manageable. I’m still going over budget. I have a whole post in mind about this, but haven’t put it together yet, so won’t share details here, but hopefully will tell you how things are going next week – especially with Christmas coming!
100 Push Ups
I am so proud of myself for getting as far as I have with this challenge already!
Week 2 is very HARD and I may have to repeat it, but I’ve gotten up to 71 non-consecutive ‘full’ push ups. No knee push ups for me! This means that there is quite a lot of grunting and groaning to get the last push ups finished! But I have still managed to finish each set!
Yay Me! 🙂
Unfortunately, Mat has stopped pushing up. 😦
I think I forgot about this one earlier this week, as I was feeling quite stressed out. But reminding myself to smile has made me feel so much better.
This is such a simple exercise that I am sure it sounds silly. But really, I can feel it making an impact in my life. Little things have changed as a result – I am looking people in the eye more. I am stopping to hear people’s story more often.
I feel better when I smile, and it seems strange that I need to remind myself to do it and be conscious of the fact that I don’t do it enough.
Monday, I will share a new challenge with you! I am quite looking forward to it! 🙂
Are you working on any challenges? I’d love to hear what you’re trying out! 🙂