I stayed up late last night and watched the movie “Bucket List” with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. I’m not a big fan of Jack, but I do really like Morgan Freeman, and it turned out I rather liked the movie, too.
I admit it. I bawled my eyes out at the end. I’m a softie through and through.
This inevitably brought up the conversation between Mat and I as to what was on our bucket lists. What I found interesting is that at this point neither he nor I feel that if we were to die tomorrow we would die with regrets. That’s kinda cool, really! 🙂
But of course, there were plenty of things that would be nice to see and do.
- I’d love to see the Victoria and the Angel Falls,
- We’d both like to travel more and see more places.
- Mat would love to live at the beach on the ocean.
- I’d like to sail from the southern-most point of Australia to Cape York – the northern-most point.
- I’d like to learn to ride a motorcycle, but have nearly given up on this one – I have tried on a few occasions, and just can’t seem to get a handle on a motorbike.
- I used to have “Horseback Ride across the Trans-Canada Trail” on mine, but since I can’t even get myself into a saddle anymore… well, I’m just not so sure..
- Learn to scuba dive
That’s what comes to mind right now, although there are plenty of other things that I’d like to do, see or learn, but I’m not sure if I can class them as Bucket List items or “someday” to-dos or just “that’d be nice,” like ‘be set up to live off-grid.’
There are plenty of sites that make suggestions for you. One guy says you should have an exercise bucket list that keeps you active and challenged for many years; running a marathon in less than 4 hours, for example. That’s not a bad idea. Run a marathon could definitely go on mine. And an Olympic Distance Triathlon.
And then there are the social posting pages like 43 things and Bucketlist where you can share and post and browse bucket lists. Some of the items people have posted are great! And what’s neat, is that I was able to say “done that” to a number of popular items 🙂
Visit Australia was definitely on my Bucket List, and look at me now!
What’s on your bucket list?
Update 15/11/11 – I had the good fortune of a visit from Lesley Carter, who does a Yearly Bucket List. A really great idea. Afterall, what if this were your last year? What an inspiring and fun woman! Check out her blog and enjoy her adventures!