So I mentioned I was going to clean my house using the method I learned when cleaning houses for a very short while.
I also mentioned that there was pretty much one rule:
Don’t get distracted by your stuff!
So, I set off to clean my house.
And what’s the first thing that happened?
I got distracted by my stuff!!
- I got distracted by the piles of stuff on the couch, on the coffee table, on the side board.
- I got distracted by the tv – it was only supposed to background noise to keep me company.
- I got distracted by food – I just needed a few nuts to nibble on, and then a slice of Shepherd’s Pie, and then …
- I got distracted by the vacuum cleaner, and it is still in bits in the middle of the kitchen with the air filter drying out because it was making a funny noise and I was a little worried about it.
- I got distracted by Mat who came home from work, and we sat on the lounge and then all hope was lost.
What did get done?
- The lounge is tidy, though not vacuumed
- The spare room is vacuumed and the sheets changed
Uh, yeah, that’s it. It really was supposed to be a much longer list. I didn’t even start on the bathroom.
I will try again, and I will get further next time. I am convinced I can do it, I just need to use my imagination and tell myself “this is not my house.”
You think it’ll work?