‘Rude Interrupting Cow.’
‘Rude Interrupting C…’
Dumb joke, but that’s me! I’m a rude interrupting cow! I really really really need to stop interrupting!
I interrupt because:
- I am not listening to you
- I assume I know what you’re going to say
- I think I know better anyway
- I have something else I think is more interesting or more important to say
- I don’t want to forget what I’ve got going on in my head
- I want to be paid attention to and
- I don’t think it can wait for TWO WHOLE SECONDS because I am impatient
None of these things is very nice. Not a nice reflection of me and not a nice reflection of my treatment of others.
THIS MUST STOP!
It will be a very difficult thing to do, but I am NOT going to interrupt this week!
I am going to listen until the other person is done.
I am going to think about what they have to say and stay on topic.
This will be incredibly difficult for me! Perhaps I shouldn’t work on staying on topic in the same breath as I am trying to just listen and not interrupt. It’s already a pretty big task to set, but it must be done!